I'm pleased to announce the release of capnp-ocaml 2.0.1. It is available in OPAM as package "capnp", or from the project website: https://github.com/pelzlpj/capnp-ocaml capnp-ocaml is a code generator plugin for the Cap'n Proto serialization framework. Cap'n Proto's distinguishing feature is that there is no explicit parsing/serialization step: the on-the-wire message format is also designed to serve as an efficient in-memory data structure representation. http://kentonv.github.io/capnproto/ Aside from important bugfixes, this release brings a larger and better-designed I/O support library for moving messages across various types of channels. Performance has also been significantly improved; I've written a blog post about the benchmarking and optimization experience. http://pelzlpj.github.io/capnp-ocaml/2014/09/02/capnp-ocaml-2.0/ An excerpt from the change log follows. Enjoy, Paul === Backwards-incompatible changes * Module `Codecs`: change API to accept the more natural `BytesMessage.Message.t` instead of `Bytes.t list`. * Module `Codecs`: change API to accept a `compression` specifier, instead of using separate functions and separate types for compressed and uncompressed streams. * Module `Message`: `to_storage` now returns a list of (storage, length) pairs. === Other changes * Module `Codecs`: fix incorrect encoding of framing headers (for example, as generated by `serialize`). * Module `Codecs`: fix infinite loop in `PackedStream` decoding. * Module `Codecs`: reduce serialized message sizes, by omitting unused allocation regions from the serialized messages. * Instantiate `BytesMessage = Message.Make(BytesStorage)`, so the user doesn't always need to. (Implementation is furthermore defunctorized for improved performance.) * New module `IO`: functions for moving message data through various types of I/O channels. * Compiler now says something about files it created. * Corrected compilation errors when using 4.02 `-safe-string`. * Significant performance improvements across the board.