* [Caml-list] [ANN] OASIS v0.4.7
@ 2016-08-22 23:50 Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2016-08-22 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: OASIS-devel

Hi all,

I have just released OASIS 0.4.5.

OASIS is a tool to help OCaml developers to integrate configure, build and
install systems in their projects. It should help to create standard entry
points in the source code build system, allowing external tools to analyse
projects easily.

Important changes:
* Drop support for OASISFormat 0.2 and 0.1.
* New plugin "omake" to support build, doc and install actions.
* Improve automatic tests (Travis CI and AppVeyor)
* Trim down the dependencies (removed ocaml-gettext, camlp4,
ocaml-data-notation)

New features:
* findlib_directory (beta): to install libraries in sub-directories of
findlib.
* findlib_extra_files (beta): to install extra files with ocamlfind.
* source_patterns (alpha): to provide module to source file mapping.

Full blog post:
http://le-gall.net/sylvain+violaine/blog/index.php?post/2016/08/22/Release-of-OASIS-0.4.6

Download here:
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/frs/?group_id=54&release_id=1223

Cheers
Sylvain Le Gall

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] OASIS v0.4.7
@ 2016-08-23  6:24 ` Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2016-08-23  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: OASIS-devel

Le mar. 23 août 2016 à 01:50, Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain@le-gall.net> a
écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I have just released OASIS 0.4.5.

Actually, this is OASIS 0.4.7, as mentioned in the subject. (bad copy and
paste)

> OASIS is a tool to help OCaml developers to integrate configure, build and
> install systems in their projects. It should help to create standard entry
> points in the source code build system, allowing external tools to analyse
> projects easily.
>
> Important changes:
> * Drop support for OASISFormat 0.2 and 0.1.
> * New plugin "omake" to support build, doc and install actions.
> * Improve automatic tests (Travis CI and AppVeyor)
> * Trim down the dependencies (removed ocaml-gettext, camlp4,
> ocaml-data-notation)
>
> New features:
> * findlib_directory (beta): to install libraries in sub-directories of
> findlib.
> * findlib_extra_files (beta): to install extra files with ocamlfind.
> * source_patterns (alpha): to provide module to source file mapping.
>
> Full blog post:
>
> http://le-gall.net/sylvain+violaine/blog/index.php?post/2016/08/22/Release-of-OASIS-0.4.6

The link is correct and the title of the blog post is actually OASIS 0.4.7.

I really need to pay attention when copying older entries ;-)

Regards
Sylvain

* Re: [Caml-list] [OASIS-devel] [ANN] OASIS v0.4.7
@ 2016-08-23 15:13 ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2016-08-23 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sylvain Le Gall; +Cc: caml-list, OASIS-devel

Congratulations on the new release!

I think that it is very good to see support for other good build tools
-- omake has its own strengths (in particular Gerd Stolpmann did very
nice performance-optimization work in the recent years) and it's nice
that it is easy to use for Oasis-using projects.

Another thing that I find very good is that it had a fair number of
external contributions -- contributors are named in the blog post
http://le-gall.net/sylvain+violaine/blog/index.php?post/2016/08/22/Release-of-OASIS-0.4.6
. I don't follow the oasis development super-closely, but I have the
impression that there has recently been an uptake in terms of helping
supporting its development, which was mainly on Sylvain's shoulders
alone for years, and I think that is an extremely welcome development
for a tool so central to the OCaml packaging ecosystem of today.