* [Caml-list] [ANN] OASIS v0.4.3
@ 2014-03-25  1:32 Sylvain Le Gall
From: Sylvain Le Gall @ 2014-03-25  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, OASIS-devel

Hi all,

I just released OASIS 0.4.3.

OASIS is a tool to help OCaml developers to integrate configure, build and
install systems in their projects. It should help to create standard entry
points in the source code build system, allowing external tools to analyse
projects easily.

Important changes:
* Added -remove switch to the setup-clean subcommand designed to remove
unaltered generated files completely, rather than simply emptying their
OASIS section.
* Translate path of ocamlfind on Windows to be bash/win32 friendly.
* Description is now parsed in a more structured text (para/verbatim).

New features:
* stdfiles_markdown (alpha): set default extension of StdFiles (AUTHORS,
INSTALL, README) tp be '.md'. Use markdown syntax for standard files. Use
comments that hides OASIS section and digest. This feature should help
direct publishing on GitHub.

* disable_oasis_section (alpha): it allows DisableOASISSection to be
specified in the package with a list of expandable filenames given. Any
generated file specified in this list doesn't get an OASIS section digest
or comment headers and footers and is therefore regenerated each time
`oasis setup` is run (and any changes made are lost). This feature is
mainly intended for use with StdFiles so that, for example, INSTALL.txt and
AUTHORS.txt (which often won't be modified) can have the extra comment
lines removed.

* compiled_setup_ml (alpha): allow to precompile setup.ml to speedup.

Full blog post here:
http://le-gall.net/sylvain+violaine/blog/index.php?post/2014/03/25/Release-of-OASIS-0.4.3

Download here:
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/frs/?group_id=54&release_id=1041