From: Philippe Veber <philippe.veber@gmail.com>
To: Christophe TROESTLER <Christophe.Troestler@umons.ac.be>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] ocamldoc option with oasis
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 22:01:29 +0100	[thread overview]

2012/1/14 Christophe TROESTLER <Christophe.Troestler@umons.ac.be>

> On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 20:47:17 +0100, Philippe Veber wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to pass an option (in my case -charset utf8) to ocamldoc
> > when using oasis? Said differently, I'd like to customize the command
> used
> > by oasis to generate the target of a Document section.
>
> This was discussed some time ago but I am not sure whether it was
> implemented.  You can use a custom generator to achieve the same thing
> however.
>
> class gen =
> object(self)
>  inherit Odoc_html.html
>
>  initializer
>    character_encoding <-
>      "<meta content=\"text/html; charset=utf-8\" \
>        http-equiv=\"Content-Type\">\n"
> end
>
> let () =
>  Odoc_args.set_doc_generator (Some(new gen :> Odoc_args.doc_generator))
>
> Best,
> C.

Thank you Christophe for this quick answer. I had found the thread you
mention:

http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/2010/06/5a947fba35df60a35bdc89a4bea1a869.fr.html

and could check that Maxence Guesdon indeed added a -charset option, to
make this process easier. However, I'm under the impression that the
problem remains: I have to tell oasis to use ocamldoc with the custom
generator, which requires to customize the ocamldoc command. Did I miss
something?
Thanks again,
ph.