Hence, my two cents: PPX has problems in cross-compilation use cases, but I suppose something like new tag in META can reslove this issue. As for me, just ppx_deriving* by whitequark is yet one example of usefullness of PPX. WBR, ssp 2017-04-22 5:10 GMT+06:00 Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias : > "Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" writes: > > > Yes, that's exactly what I suggested in the beginning! > > Maybe I interpret the word "harmful" differently, but IMVHO I have to > strongly disagree with your choice of subject in the original mail. > > Not only PPX has not been harmful for me, but it has been a life-saver > tool that has enabled significant progress towards more productive > research. > > "Hongbo Zhang (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" writes: > > > calling it 'madness' is disrespectful > > Personally, I fully subscribe Yaron's message and I see nothing > disrespectful in suggesting that abandoning syntactic abstractions is a > very bad idea. > > You wrote: > > "the OCaml library developer should avoid PPX as much as you can", > > but if you meant: > > "PPX seems quite unstable these days, I wonder how could we improve > long-term stability?" > > I'd have to admit that message didn't reach to me. > > Best regards! > Emilio > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >