* [Caml-list] library to parse atom feeds?
@ 2016-03-03 13:34 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2016-03-03 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

As part of the Caml Weekly News, I have a script that integrates the
latest posts the http://planet.ocaml.org/. Unfortunately there is now
way fewer news there than at http://ocaml.org/community/planet/ so I'm
thinking of switching to that news source. I thus need to convert my
script from RSS to atom. As ocamlrss does not do atom, I'm looking for
an atom feed parsing library. I've found Syndic
(https://github.com/Cumulus/Syndic) and OCaml Atom
(https://github.com/amirmc/ocamlatom). Are there others that I missed,
and which one would you recommend?

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂ (2016-01, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.52

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [Caml-list] library to parse atom feeds?
@ 2016-03-03 14:45 ` Amir Chaudhry
From: Amir Chaudhry @ 2016-03-03 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alan,

Syndic is the one used on ocaml.org [1], so I’d suggest starting there.
The other link is a project I was going to start work on before I came across Syndic.

[1] https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org

Also, thank you for maintaining Caml Weekly News!
I’ve found it a valuable way of keeping up with what’s happening. :)

Amir

@ 2016-03-03 14:49   ` Romain Calascibetta
From: Romain Calascibetta @ 2016-03-03 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alan,

I am glad you have an interest to Syndic. I think it's the best choice to
use this library (and I 'm not saying this because I am the initiator :) ).

Indeed, Syndic is the result of work between me and Christophe Troestler.
In particular, substantial work has been done to make this project fits on
the site of ocaml.org (and there are such a function to convert a RSS
content to Atom).

The developement is still active elsewhere. From my point of view it is
advisable to continue using Syndic and if you have special requirement, I'd
like to implement them to continue the life of this project.

Regards,

> Hi Alan,
>
> Syndic is the one used on ocaml.org [1], so I’d suggest starting there.
> The other link is a project I was going to start work on before I came
> across Syndic.
>
> [1] https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org
>
> Also, thank you for maintaining Caml Weekly News!
> I’ve found it a valuable way of keeping up with what’s happening. :)
>
> Amir
>
> > On 3 Mar 2016, at 13:34, Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > As part of the Caml Weekly News, I have a script that integrates the
> > latest posts the http://planet.ocaml.org/. Unfortunately there is now
> > way fewer news there than at http://ocaml.org/community/planet/ so I'm
> > thinking of switching to that news source. I thus need to convert my
> > script from RSS to atom. As ocamlrss does not do atom, I'm looking for
> > an atom feed parsing library. I've found Syndic
> > (https://github.com/Cumulus/Syndic) and OCaml Atom
> > (https://github.com/amirmc/ocamlatom). Are there others that I missed,
> > and which one would you recommend?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > --
> > OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
> > Monthly Athmospheric CO₂ (2016-01, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.52
>

> --

Romain Calascibetta - http://din.osau.re/

* Re: [Caml-list] library to parse atom feeds?
@ 2016-03-03 15:04     ` Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2016-03-03 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

In case it wasn't already known, planet.ocaml.org is deprecated and will be
deactivated:
https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/issues/728

@ 2016-03-03 15:10       ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2016-03-03 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2016-03-03 16:04, Ashish Agarwal <agarwal1975@gmail.com> writes:

> In case it wasn't already known, planet.ocaml.org is deprecated and will be
> deactivated:
> https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/issues/728

Ah, this explains why there are fewer news there, and motivates me to
change source.

I'll be using Syndic, thanks a lot for all the replies.

Alan

--

@ 2016-03-03 15:13   ` Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2016-03-03 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le jeudi, 3 mars 2016 à 15:45, Amir Chaudhry a écrit :
> Also, thank you for maintaining Caml Weekly News!
> I’ve found it a valuable way of keeping up with what’s happening. :)

I join my thanks to those of Amir. It's also a much more convenient way than the list archives to dig out past interesting discussions.

Best,

Daniel