From: Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer@gmail.com>
To: Hendrik Boom <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com>
Cc: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] opam corrupted my sources.list.
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 23:42:08 -0500	[thread overview]

This is not related to opam. It is a repository of Debian-style
packages visibly intended for Ubuntu users, authored by Anil
Madhavapeddy who hosted then on opensuse repositories. My guess is
that you enabled this repository manually to get 4.02.1 OCaml packages
at a time where they were not yet packaged in your official Debian
repository.

The best way to setup an OCaml *development environment* today is to
install opam (either through your distribution package manager, as a
binary, or from sources built from a distribution-packaged OCaml
version), and then install ocaml-$version switches in opam. (For
end-user packages written in OCaml, distribution packages are still
very important.)