From: Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer@gmail.com>
To: "Daniel Bünzli" <daniel.buenzli@erratique.ch>
Cc: William Smith <bills@emu-bark.com>, Caml-list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] modified error messages for ocamlc
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 19:06:35 +0200	[thread overview]

>> Would there be any interest in me making the change everywhere and submitting it as a patch?
>
> Not at all...

I'm not sure if this is a language barrier thing, or sarcasm/irony
that got lost on the wire, but my personal reaction would rather be
that there indeed is some interest, especially if you follow Daniel's
excellent suggestion to respect the standard GNU format for that.

On a related note, I have put in
http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=5044 some hooks for Emacs
compile-mode to parse additional error messages that are not supported
by default, namely the backtrace format and the location printed in
the 'assert false' error message. This is so convenient that I often
feed "ocamlbuild test.byte && ./test.byte" as my compilation command
in my edit-compile-test cycles.