This is a bug, but I think it is likely to be coming from a misconfiguration on your end: the preinstalled test checks $(ocamlc -where)/ocamlbuild and if you are in a non-system switch this should not be /usr/local/lib/ocaml. Did you correctly run eval $(opam config en) after switching? On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Soegtrop, Michael < michael.soegtrop@intel.com> wrote: > Dear OCaml Users, > > > > Opam works fine for me with the system installed OCaml, but after an opam > switch I cannot build ocamlbuild or any package depending on it any more. > > > > Building ocamlbuild fails because it explicitly checks if there is already > a system installed ocamlbuild: > > > > # ERROR: Preinstalled ocamlbuild detected at > /usr/local/lib/ocaml/ocamlbuild > > # Installation aborted; if you want to bypass this safety check, pass > CHECK_IF_PREINSTALLED=false to make > > # make: *** [Makefile:333: check-if-preinstalled] Error 2 > > > > Of cause I can just follow this advice and remove this check, but I wonder > how others handle this. > > > > Best regards, > > > > Michael > > > > Intel Deutschland GmbH > Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany > Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de > Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter > Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Nicole Lau > Registered Office: Munich > Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928 >