My understanding is that if "prog" is the name of the program to run, then Unix.system (Filename.quote_command prog args) is equivalent to Unix.create_process prog args ~stdin:Unix.stdin ~stdout:Unix.stdout ~stderr:Unix.stderr or (shorter) Unix.(create_process prog args ~stdin ~stdour ~stderr) On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 5:08 PM Markus Elfring wrote: > > You may be looking for the > > > > Unix.create_process > > This function needs more input parameters than “Unix.system”. > > https://ocaml.org/releases/4.11/htmlman/libref/UnixLabels.html#VALcreate_process > > Now I am curious which datum should be passed for the argument “stdin” > if a program should be executed as a child process without extra standard > input? > > Regards, > Markus >