From: Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer@gmail.com>
To: bob zhang <bobzhang1988@gmail.com>
Cc: Caml List <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Is there any open-sourced yacc style parser generator written in OCaml?
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:01:15 +0200	[thread overview]

> menhir has a QPL license so that  I can not patch it

I don't see the problem with the QPL license. As any free software license,
it allows you to use the software for any uses, and in particular you can
*of course* do modifications to the existing software. The license requires
that you make it very explicit what is yours and what comes from the
original software, but it certainly does not prohibit changes.

If the licensing is an issue, have you trying contacting the author
(François Pottier) about this?

Menhir is an excellent software that seems to precisely fit your bill, so
it would be a shame if you went past it for silly licensing issues.

(Not to downplay alternatives like dypgen that is also a beautiful piece of
software, and with which I know you're intimely familiar.)