From: Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer@gmail.com>
To: Nils Becker <nils.becker@bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de>
Cc: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] flambda optimization settings
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 14:25:40 -0400	[thread overview]

My understanding is that -Oclassic does not compile with the
pre-flambda compiler, but rather it tunes flambda heuristics to behave
more or less like the other compiler. The goal was to reach a point in
the optimization-vs-compile-time spectrum that is comparable to the
other compiler, but I'm not sure it was actually reached yet.

Thus, it would be interesting and important to also compare with the
code produced by a 4.03 switch compiled without flambda.

(Also, it would be interesting to have reports on compile time.)