On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Duane Johnson wrote: > Elm has been very successful at encouraging adoption of late. Here is what > their Community page looks like: http://elm-lang.org/community Very nice! One result of this discussion I would like to see is a series of improvements on our own ocaml.org community page: http://ocaml.org/community/ One of the criticisms of IRC channels in this discussion is that (1) they're supposedly hard to access from some companies and (2) they don't have archives. We could have on this page a mention of the IRC channel, with points to - channel archives, for example http://irclog.whitequark.org/ocaml/ - a web gateway for IRC; I haven't tried it but I was told that https://vector.im/beta/#/room/#freenode_#ocaml:matrix.org is nice ocaml.org is a community-maintained resource, so anyone can improve it by sending a pull request. I'll try to send one for the IRC thing shortly, but I thought people of the list could have additional suggestions for improvements. On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Duane Johnson wrote: > Elm has been very successful at encouraging adoption of late. Here is what > their Community page looks like: > > http://elm-lang.org/community > > On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 8:13 AM, Dean Thompson > wrote: > >> On Jul 9, 2016, at 9:51 AM, Gabriel Scherer >> wrote: >> >> In general I support the idea of "meeting the users where they are" even >> when that mean displeasing technological choices; this is why I have been >> active answering OCaml questions on StackOverflow in the past. I would be >> interested in making experiments with either: >> >> - Discourse: I also heard bad things about it, but it's shiny, reactive >> and open source >> >> - Mattermost, as an open-source alternative to Slack -- but we would need >> to find someone willing to host an instance. >> >> Mattermost is very appealing, but seems strongly focused on >> team/enterprise communication rather than public venues. >> >> But there’s a rather funny punchline: On www.mattermost.org, they have a >> Community menu, which has a Community Forums item, which links to … wait >> for it! … a Discourse forum (forum.mattermost.org). >> >> Dean >> > >