My understanding is that this OUPS meeting is precisely intended to coincide with an "official annoucement" of the system, so I would recommend waiting for a couple more weeks before looking at the system (surely they have polishing planned before that) and discussing it. I would tend to agree with your implicit remark about unclear project status (internal/external, announced/secret, released/experimental) in the general case; but I understand that everyone is free to handle their project as they deem acceptable. I'm personally fine with waiting a bit -- and this is still better than ocp-build or ocaml-java. On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Alan Schmitt < alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> wrote: > Hello, > > Fabrice.Le_fessant@inria.fr writes: > > > * Jane Street : "Jenga: towards a correct and scalable build system" > > I've been searching my mail archives and I could not find an official > announcement of Jenga (it was alluded to in the announcement of Core > Suite 109.11, then mentioned in further announcements and in the > ocamlbuild thread of late July). I had a look at the examples in the > github repository, and it looks like a very verbose way of writing > dependencies (see for instance > https://github.com/janestreet/jenga/blob/master/examples/hello/JengaRoot.ml > ). > > I'm sure I'm missing the motivation behind this new build system. How > does it compare to the existing ones? > > Thanks, > > Alan > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >