From: Markus Mottl <markus.mottl@gmail.com>
To: "Richard W.M. Jones" <rich@annexia.org>
Cc: Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer@gmail.com>,
	Yotam Barnoy <yotambarnoy@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Moving ocaml to github (as well)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 10:53:25 -0500	[thread overview]

The reason why the "massive influx of developers" hasn't happened may
be that making small contributions is perceived as more costly when
the authoritative repository is not on Github.  Most contributors only
make small contributions.  If you make large and/or frequent
contributions, the cost may seem negligible as you adjust to the
"indirect" workflow.  At least what concerns me, I might have
submitted a tiny patch here or there, but felt that the development
model is not open enough for small or less important contributions so
I didn't bother.  That's why I'd also love to see the OCaml team go
"distributed", preferably either Git (github) or Mercurial
(Bitbucket).

Regards,
Markus

Markus Mottl        http://www.ocaml.info        markus.mottl@gmail.com