Hello, 2011/8/27 Gerd Stolpmann > I can only speculate why OO is not that much used in OCaml. Second, there > are practical > difficulties - sometimes very long error messages (1000 lines and more), > and surprising weak spots in the type checker (e.g. when a method has > optional arguments). > I don't think that OO is not that much used because error messages may be long: there is the same issue with the module system which is now quite widely used. Personally I'm not so unhappy with a 1.000 lines-long error message : last Friday again, I get an error message with many more than 100.000 lines (when compiling a file with less than 1.000 lines of code): it took several minutes to be printed and few seconds to be fixed: the 2 last lines of the message was the familiar "values do not match val v: tau1 is not included in val v: tau2" which was easy to fix in that case... -- Julien