* [Caml-list] Modifying the typechecker
@ 2015-07-12 19:09 Maxime Lesourd
From: Maxime Lesourd @ 2015-07-12 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I am trying to add session types to the OCaml language. We have an
inference algorithm for a type and effect system which I am currently
trying to implement by modifying the typechecker. For now I am only
targeting the core of the language (no objects, GADTs) and I mostly need to
be able to prevent generalization of some type variables.

The issue I am running into is that documentation about this part of the
compiler seems to be very sparse, I have found some documentation about ML
type inference in general [1], generalization [2] and the value restriction
[3] but I was wondering if there was more information available about the
actual implementation of the inference algorithm.

Thanks,
Maxime

[1] : http://cristal.inria.fr/attapl/
[2] : http://okmij.org/ftp/ML/generalization.html