* [ANN] Nickel project
@ 2007-09-09 15:30 forum
From: forum @ 2007-09-09 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

This post announces the first public release of the Nickel project.
Nickel is a bindings/bridge generator for Objective Caml/Java.
Nickel is released under the GPL v3.
Nickel is part of the ocamljava project (http://ocamljava.x9c.fr).

Home page: http://nickel.x9c.fr

Features:
   - generates bindings to use Java classes from a Cadmium/Cafesterol
program

Requirements:
   - Java 1.5 or higher

Give it a try !
Thanks,
	Xavier Clerc

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Nickel project
@ 2007-09-09 22:22 ` Jim Miller
From: Jim Miller @ 2007-09-09 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

After spending a bit of time downloading and getting the right build order
in place, would it be possible for future releases to provide a single
bundle that has everything needed in a single download?  I'm excited about
the prospect of OCaml on the JVM.

@ 2007-09-10  8:54   ` forum
From: forum @ 2007-09-10  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Le 10 sept. 07 à 00:22, Jim Miller a écrit :

> After spending a bit of time downloading and getting the right
> build order in place, would it be possible for future releases to
> provide a single bundle that has everything needed in a single
> download?  I'm excited about the prospect of OCaml on the JVM.

I am aware of the fact that the build process is a bit long and tedious.
Binary releases are planned, maybe as soon as this week.

Could you please confirm (maybe by private mail) that you built the
whole thing, with your configuration.
So far, I have only tested it on MacOS X (on PowerPC) and RedHat (on
x86). Tests on Cygwin are planned for this week.

Thank you for your time and interest,

Xavier Clerc