From: Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr>
To: <donna+spam@cs.cmu.edu>
Cc: <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] How useful do you find the OCaml debugger?
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:35:47 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 05:31 AM, <donna+spam@cs.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> - Do you personally find the OCaml debugger useful?

I use it from time to time to debug the O'Caml compiler and the
runtime.  It's so much fun using both ocamldebug and gdb on the same
process that I almost wish there were more bugs in O'Caml :-)

It would be really hard to work without it.  The O'Caml compiler
is definitely not in the "when it typechecks, it works" category.

> - Is there any sort of general opinion in the OCaml community about the
> debugger?

 From the answers you've got so far, it seems clear that there is
no consensus.

-- Damien