* [Caml-list] odb questions
@ 2012-03-07 12:32 Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2012-03-07 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

A few questions about odb.

1) Is it possible to specify in ~/.odb/packages a remote packages file (instead of just individual remote packages) ?

2) How does odb find out and manage dependencies ? How can I list them before installing a package ?

3) Are multiple versions of the same package supported (à la homebrew on osx) ?

4) Is something like odb install -file package.tbz possible ?

The use case for 4) is both for testing and so that I can instruct my users once they have downloaded a tbz and went through the README that they can just install it with that command (provided they have installed other deps).

Daniel

P.S. I think odb should use a odb <cmd> scheme. Instead of just installing on odb <pkg>. The former scheme has better scaling opportunities.