* ANNOUNCE ocamldap 2.1.5
@ 2005-10-04 16:20 Eric Stokes
From: Eric Stokes @ 2005-10-04 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, godi-list list

I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of Ocamldap 2.1.5.

(NOTE to hump maintainers, since 2.0 Ocamldap has been a native Ocaml
library,
   it should no longer be categorized as a binding to a C library)

Ocamldap is a toolkit for working with LDAP directory services,
features include
- A full featured, high performance LDAP client library
     - A set of low level primitives similar to the C library
     - A high level object oriented interface
     - Schema aware local object representations
     - An experimental library for account management
     - An experimental implementation of transactions
(draft_zeilenga_ldaptxn)
- A library for constructing LDAP servers
- An rfc2252 schema checker
- An LDIF v1 parser and pretty printer (including change records)
- An ldap filter parser and pretty printer
- An ldap dn parser and pretty printer

Major Changes Since the Last Announce
- Major improvement in the documentation
- I spent a lot of time with Apple's excellent Shark tool, and was
able to get a 2.5x decoder speedup (Parsing 4.0 Mb/s of BER on an
800Mhz G4). Based on the data I'm seeing from Shark I do not expect
any further major performance increases in the decoder, but given the
level of performance it is currently at, and the age of my hardware,
I see no reason to care.
- Experimental implementation of transactions across multiple objects
- Some bug fixes

Ocamldap is available on GODI, and via http://ocamldap.sourceforge.net

     - Eric

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-10-04 16:20 UTC | newest]