From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>
To: Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka@gmail.com>
Cc: Gerd Stolpmann <info@gerd-stolpmann.de>, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OUD2013 part of CUFP?
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:08:58 -0700	[thread overview]

We did think hard before moving the OCaml workshop over to ICFP/CUFP,
as there are real downsides (notably, the registration cost, which was
fully sponsored by INRIA before).  On the flip side, we now have access
to much better organisation and student travel grants, and the economies
of scale.

I do agree with the need to speak at other open conferences.  I'm giving
a talk at the O'Reilly OSCON this year, but I'm not aware of any other
OCaml-related proposals there.

I'd strongly suggest improving our presence at FOSDEM, which is scheduled
regularly in Belgium every year and has a huge turnout. The last time I
spoke there, there were close to a thousand people in the audience (not
on an OCaml-related topic).  I think that would be a great place to host
a dev room next year, if enough people express interest in advance to
justify it to the organisers.  Let me know privately if you're interested
in this.

-anil