* [Caml-list] Build OCaml iOS apps under Lion
@ 2012-04-18 17:22 Jeffrey Scofield
From: Jeffrey Scofield @ 2012-04-18 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: Christophe Papazian, Jeffrey Scofield

Greetings,

I've created a new version of OCamlXARM, which is my name for a version
of the OCaml compiler that builds executables for iOS.  The new version
(1.0.15) works with Lion (OS X 10.7) and the latest Xcode (4.3.2).

A while back there were some queries about using OCamlXARM on Lion, and
I promised to get it working after our latest iOS app was released.  So,
the 1.0.15 release is what I promised.

Instructions for downloading a binary release of OCamlXARM, or building
it from source, and for testing, are at:

    http://psellos.com/ocaml/compile-to-iphone.html

You can read about what I had to do to get it working on
Lion in my sporadic blog:

    http://psellos.com/2012/04/2012.04.ocamlxarm-lion-1.html

There were problems reported in using the old OCamlXARM with Lion.  I
haven't seen any of these problems with the latest OCamlXARM.  I built
all my test apps, and also rebuilt the real-world iOS apps that we sell.
They all worked with no problems that I could find.  (In particular,
our real-world apps do plenty of floating arithmetic, and it works.)

Please let me know of any comments or problems.  I'd especially
like to hear about bugs in OCamlXARM (so I can fix them).

Regards,

Jeffrey

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-04-18 17:22 UTC | newest]