From: "Zed A. Shaw" <zedshaw@zedshaw.com>
To: caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] suggestion: do not link to www.ocaml.org
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:58:02 -0700	[thread overview]

You know, as kind of an outsider, I didn't know there was any other site
for ocaml.  I seriously thought that ocaml.org was the official one, and
after reading lots of docs can't recall any mention of
http://caml.inria.fr being for OCaml as well (since it just says caml in
the name, I assumed it was for caml light).  I'm sure it's mentioned
somewhere, but you didn't even mention it here in your e-mail, which
should show you that maybe the http://caml.inria.fr site isn't promoted
enough.  I mean, I had to figure it out from the mailing list address,
which means I might still be wrong :-)

Also,  when I went to check, there was a new news item matching the one
from the inria.fr site.  Did the guy just update it right now?

Anyway, just thought you might want a "newbie" perspective on why
www.ocaml.org may be more popular on google.  I'd suggest putting it in
your signature for this list at least, and at the top of all your
documents.

Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/

^--- See, like that :-)