* [Caml-list] Building OCaml 4.03.0 from source
@ 2016-07-27  8:44 picflo_2
From: picflo_2 @ 2016-07-27  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

* RE: [Caml-list] Building OCaml 4.03.0 from source
@ 2016-07-27  9:04 ` David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2016-07-27  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: picflo_2, caml-list

When I updated the documentation, I expected FlexDLL 0.35 would appear soon after the release of OCaml 4.03.0, but that hasn’t yet happened!

In order to build with Visual Studio 2015, you must recompile the FlexDLL objects from sources. You can either clone https://github.com/alainfrisch/flexdll.git and do make CHAINS=msvc support to get VC14 versions of flexdll_msvc.obj and flexdll_initer_msvc.obj (or CHAINS=msvc64 if you’re building the 64bit version) or you can follow the instructions for bootstrapping, which should be (the extra git checkout master pulls in the very latest FlexDLL, rather than the version tagged in 4.03.0, which is optional):

·        git clone https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.git

·        cd ocaml

·        git checkout 4.03.0

·        git submodule update --init

·        cd flexdll

·        git checkout master

·        cd ..

·        do the usual stuff in config/

·        make -f Makefile.nt flexdll world world.opt install

I think you can build 4.03.0 with FlexDLL 0.34, the key thing is that you must build the support objects from sources. Off the top of my head, I can’t remember if I had to patch anything in flexlink for VS2015…

David