* [Caml-list] Lexing.position. Where to initialize field pos_fname
@ 2012-07-20  5:39 Ivan
From: Ivan @ 2012-07-20  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm completely lost! Can somebody teach me, where to initialize this field?

* Re: [Caml-list] Lexing.position. Where to initialize field pos_fname
@ 2012-07-20  6:45 ` Dan Bensen
From: Dan Bensen @ 2012-07-20  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan, caml-list

> Subject: [Caml-list] Lexing.position. Where to initialize field pos_fname
> I'm completely lost! Can somebody teach me, where to initialize this field?

In what context?  Camlp4 initializes it automatically.

* RE: [Caml-list] Lexing.position. Where to initialize field pos_fname
@ 2012-07-20  7:46 ` David Allsopp
From: David Allsopp @ 2012-07-20  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivan, caml-list

Ivan wrote:
> I'm completely lost! Can somebody teach me, where to initialize this
> field?

Documentation is in module Lexing: "See the documentation of type lexbuf for information about how the lexing engine will manage positions." and there it says that the lexing engine will update pos_cnum and "The other fields are left unchanged by the lexing engine. In order to keep them accurate, they must be initialised before the first use of the lexbuf".

So, immediately after creating/acquiring the lexbuf, you initialise lex_start_p.pos_fname

David