It looks like you haven't installed findlib (i.e. the ocamlfind command). findlib installs a script called topfind into your ocaml lib dir which loads findlib into the toplevel and provides the camlp4o directive. I've not used opam, but I expect it's something along the lines of opam install findlib ... David From: caml-list-request@inria.fr [mailto:caml-list-request@inria.fr] On Behalf Of Casey Basichis Sent: 20 August 2013 20:38 To: caml-list@inria.fr Subject: [Caml-list] Setting up OcaIDE Hi, I'm just getting started with ocaml, following along with the new "Real World Ocaml" book. I built the latest dev on osx and also installed the ocaml binaries. I am getting errors with OcaIDE. Eclipse: OCaml version 4.00.1 Cannot find file topfind. Unknown directive `camlp4o'. # I've tried a number of things to get it going to no avail. I added the following to ~/.ocamlinit : let () = try Topdirs.dir_directory (Sys.getenv "OCAML_TOPLEVEL_PATH") with Not_found -> () to ~/.bash_profile I added : export OCAML_TOPLEVEL_PATH=/Users/caseybasichis/.opam/4.01.0dev+trunk/lib/toplevel eval `opam config env` I also tried adding those to ~/.profile I also tried building and make installing findlib-1.4 If you have any ideas of how I might get this running I would greatly appreciate it, I am very much looking forward to hello world hallelujah. Thanks, Casey -- Casey James Basichis Composer - Adventure Time - Cartoon Network http://www.caseyjamesbasichis.com caseybasichis@gmail.com 310.387.7540