Hi Milan, thanks, I see what you mentioned with the “&&” operator. In fact, one case the behavior as I wanted is in crypto primitive (we need constant-time function to avoid time side-channel attack, for example, give any input for comparing with the secret hash value with fixed size, the time execution of comparing is constant. Best, Chan > On Feb 22, 2016, at 3:12 PM, Milan Stanojević wrote: > > Compiler short circuits && operator so your loop runs only til the first element that differs. If you swap the arguments to && you should get the behavior of visiting all elements (which is of course undesirable in practice) > >