* Calling OCaml from Ruby
@ 2007-03-27 23:16 Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2007-03-27 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List

Has anyone tried invoking OCaml from Ruby without packaging OCaml as
a C library first?

I'm trying to come up with ways of calling OCaml from a Rails app.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/

* Re: [Caml-list] Calling OCaml from Ruby
@ 2007-03-28  9:43 ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2007-03-28  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reymont; +Cc: Caml List

On 3/28/07, Joel Reymont <joelr1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried invoking OCaml from Ruby without packaging OCaml as
> a C library first?

Using C to make the bridge seems good.

You can also use some client/sever protocol using some serialization
data format like JSON.

It mainly depends on the use of that OCaml code.

> I'm trying to come up with ways of calling OCaml from a Rails app.

Hum, seems appealing.

--
Nicolas Pouillard

* Re: [Caml-list] Calling OCaml from Ruby
@ 2007-03-28  9:46   ` Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2007-03-28  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Pouillard; +Cc: Caml List

The use is straightforward. I need to call a translate function in
OCaml and that should return either the translated code or an error
with the error location.

@ 2007-03-28 12:49     ` Nicolas Pouillard
From: Nicolas Pouillard @ 2007-03-28 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reymont; +Cc: Caml List

On 3/28/07, Joel Reymont <joelr1@gmail.com> wrote:
> The use is straightforward. I need to call a translate function in
> OCaml and that should return either the translated code or an error
> with the error location.

IMHO since there is one function with simple arguments the C solution
will be better.