On 18 Dec 2011, at 20:01, Benedikt Meurer wrote: > Am 18.12.2011 um 20:46 schrieb Ashish Agarwal : > >> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 4:35 AM, Benedikt Meurer wrote: >> >> the OASIS port is named "caml-oasis". >> >> Please try to transition to the consistent name OCaml, a decision made at the 2011 OCaml Users Meeting. Using it in lower case is okay in certain contexts such as a package name, so here I would recommend "ocaml-oasis". > > This is the prefix used within MacPorts to identify OCaml packages. I don't know why it isn't ocaml. It's just historical. I imported a bunch of OCaml packages into Macports a few years ago and preserved the prefix since it wasn't really worth the trouble to rename so many ports. I've actually given up on MacPorts and switched to Homebrew recently. They don't like importing libraries in Homebrew and defer that to the language-specific package manager. I'm hoping that odb will be sufficient to act as the lightweight library installer to complement Homebrew. The only annoying thing about installing OCaml from source these days is the 'compiler-libs' convention that most packages seem to do, but isn't really written down anywhere. Is there a Mantis bug about this one (I couldn't find one)? It's really helpful to get the Lwt toplevel working and isn't very obvious where those files come from without diving into the Debian packaging. I've got a small pull request to add it to the Homebrew package at any rate. Comment on it to give it some life and it might even get merged... https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/pull/9002 -anil