From: james woodyatt <jhw@wetware.com>
To: The Trade <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] ANNOUNCE: pagoda core foundation cf-0.0
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:10:29 -0800	[thread overview]

everyone--

Happy New Year!  I am pleased to announce the long-delayed premiere
release of the core foundation library from my personal Pagoda project.

Highlighted features include:

- Functional streams and stream processors (extended).
- Functional bootstrapped skew-binomial heap.
- Functional red-black binary tree (associative array).
- Functional sets based on red-black binary tree.
- Functional real-time catenable deque.
- Functional LL(x) parsing using state-exception monad.
- Functional lazy deterministic finite automaton (DFA).
- Functional lexical analyzer (using lazy DFA and monadic parser).
- Functional substring list manipulation (message buffer chains).
- Gregorian calendar date manipulation.
- Standard time manipulation.
- System time in Temps Atomique Internationale (TAI).
- Unicode transcoding.
- Extended socket interface (supports IPv6).
- Universal resource identifier (URI) manipulation.
- I/O event multiplexing (with Unix.select).

This library was developed on Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3.  Some porting may
be required to use it under Linux or another POSIX-like environment.
The extended socket interface and I/O multiplexing may need extensive
porting to use under WIN32.

Choose either of the following two links to download the source
(depending on your preferred compressor):

	<http://www.wetware.com/jhw/src/pagoda/cf-0.0.tar.bz2>
	<http://www.wetware.com/jhw/src/pagoda/cf-0.0.tar.gz>

The reference documentation is generated with ocamldoc, and it is
available online at this location:

	<http://www.wetware.com/jhw/src/pagoda/doc/cf/>

The source code for this library is released under the two-clause
BSD-style license.  I invite the Caml team at INRIA to consider lifting
some or all of this library into their Objective Caml distribution.

--
j h woodyatt <jhw@wetware.com>