* ocambuild, disabling caml rules ?
@ 2009-02-20 14:11 Daniel Bünzli
From: Daniel Bünzli @ 2009-02-20 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OCaml List

Is it possible to disable the default rules ?

I'm using ocamlbuild for a plain C project with my own rules and it is
painfull when something fails that it fallbacks on ocaml C's
compilation rules. These rules wil anyway fail and they override the
error that occured with my rule that should have been used.

Best,

Daniel

* Re: [Caml-list] ocambuild, disabling caml rules ?
@ 2009-02-20 15:43 ` Romain Bardou
From: Romain Bardou @ 2009-02-20 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Bünzli; +Cc: OCaml List

Daniel Bünzli a écrit :
> Is it possible to disable the default rules ?
>
> I'm using ocamlbuild for a plain C project with my own rules and it is
> painfull when something fails that it fallbacks on ocaml C's compilation
> rules. These rules wil anyway fail and they override the error that
> occured with my rule that should have been used.

I don't think there is any. In fact, the rules are hard-coded in the
source code (in ocaml_specific.ml) like this :

rule "ocaml: ml -> d.cmo & cmi" ...;;
rule "ocaml: ml -> cmo & cmi" ...;;

So there is no test, they are always ran. And there is no way to delete
a rule AFAIK.

--
Romain Bardou