From: Runhang Li <marklrh@gmail.com>
To: Fabrice Le Fessant <Fabrice.Le_fessant@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OCaml 2015 talks
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 11:09:31 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi, everyone

Videos of OCaml Workshop 2015 are finally available. [1]

Video chair explained to me the reason:

> I am not aware of videos in the Haskell Symposium that have bad audio---please send me a link if you know of one, so I can have a look and see what might ?
> have gone wrong.

> I am aware that some of the videos in the Haskell Implementors' Workshop have bad audio, and that's because the speakers were not speaking in the
> microphone.   I think for next time we could try to arrange wireless microphones for groups that want to be recorded, but that somewhat depends on what’s
> available at the venue and the budget we have to work within.

> As for the OCaml workshop---that was pretty much entirely my fault as I was busy with the recording upstairs and forgot to plug in the microphone into the camera.
> Unfortunately, the student volunteer didn't notice this either, so we have a lot of ambient noise from the room.   When I play around with the sound setttings on the
> video I can get it to levels where one can follow what is being said, but I need to figure out how to save this in the audio track.  So I still have hope that we'll at
> least get something to work with.   My sincerest apologies to the OCaml community!   I myself am quite interested in watching these talks as I was at the HS for
> pretty much the whole day, so I didn't get to see any of them either.

I hope everyone is happy with this result.

[1]: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnqUlCo055hU46uoONmhYGUbYAK27Y6rS <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnqUlCo055hU46uoONmhYGUbYAK27Y6rS>

> On Sep 18, 2015, at 9:22 AM, Fabrice Le Fessant <Fabrice.Le_fessant@inria.fr> wrote:
>
> I have watched a few talks from the Haskell workshop, and the audio
> quality is sometimes very bad, sometimes completely inaudible. Anyway,
> it is still interesting to watch the slides, and have the talks on the
> Youtube channel to show that there is an OCaml workshop...
>
> --Fabrice
>
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Raoul Duke <raould@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> My intent was not to fling accusations at anyone, nor to engender defensive
>>> remarks.
>>
>> Word. I was a bit surprised by the response. :-) But then again, I'm a jerk.
>>
>> --
>

> --
> Fabrice LE FESSANT
> Chercheur en Informatique
> INRIA Paris Rocquencourt -- OCamlPro
> Programming Languages and Distributed Systems
>
> --

Kindly,

Runhang