Hi, everyone Videos of OCaml Workshop 2015 are finally available. [1] Video chair explained to me the reason: > I am not aware of videos in the Haskell Symposium that have bad audio---please send me a link if you know of one, so I can have a look and see what might ? > have gone wrong. > I am aware that some of the videos in the Haskell Implementors' Workshop have bad audio, and that's because the speakers were not speaking in the > microphone. I think for next time we could try to arrange wireless microphones for groups that want to be recorded, but that somewhat depends on what’s > available at the venue and the budget we have to work within. > As for the OCaml workshop---that was pretty much entirely my fault as I was busy with the recording upstairs and forgot to plug in the microphone into the camera. > Unfortunately, the student volunteer didn't notice this either, so we have a lot of ambient noise from the room. When I play around with the sound setttings on the > video I can get it to levels where one can follow what is being said, but I need to figure out how to save this in the audio track. So I still have hope that we'll at > least get something to work with. My sincerest apologies to the OCaml community! I myself am quite interested in watching these talks as I was at the HS for > pretty much the whole day, so I didn't get to see any of them either. I hope everyone is happy with this result. [1]: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnqUlCo055hU46uoONmhYGUbYAK27Y6rS > On Sep 18, 2015, at 9:22 AM, Fabrice Le Fessant wrote: > > I have watched a few talks from the Haskell workshop, and the audio > quality is sometimes very bad, sometimes completely inaudible. Anyway, > it is still interesting to watch the slides, and have the talks on the > Youtube channel to show that there is an OCaml workshop... > > --Fabrice > > On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Raoul Duke wrote: >>> My intent was not to fling accusations at anyone, nor to engender defensive >>> remarks. >> >> Word. I was a bit surprised by the response. :-) But then again, I'm a jerk. >> >> -- >> Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: >> https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list >> Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners >> Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs > > > > -- > Fabrice LE FESSANT > Chercheur en Informatique > INRIA Paris Rocquencourt -- OCamlPro > Programming Languages and Distributed Systems > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs Kindly, Runhang