* [Caml-list] Some more code written by a newbie to be reviewed by *real* O'Caml coders :)
@ 2001-07-02  6:52 Jeremy Fincher
From: Jeremy Fincher @ 2001-07-02  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm fairly new to O'Caml, and I hope that a few more experienced O'Caml
programmers can review some of the code I've written to show me how things
can be done better, what parts I've done that stray from O'Caml idiom, and
so on...so here's some more code I hope a few people will take the time to
review :)

I'm coming from Python, so I figured one fairly simple thing I can do to
ease the transition and get some practice working with O'Caml is to rewrite
some of the more featureful python modules in O'Caml.  Here's an
implementation of most of the useful (read: stuff I've used :)) functions
from the Python "string" module.  Don't worry if you don't know Python or
that module -- I've written an interface file that comments what each
function is supposed to do.

Here are the files:

http://members.aol.com/jemfinch02/py_string.mli
http://members.aol.com/jemfinch02/py_string.ml

The one thing I think would be better done already is that the functions
should probably take the string they're to operate on as their last
argument, so new functions can be created more easily by partial function
application.

Anyway, if anyone does review this code, feel free to rip it apart -- I'm
far more concerned with becoming a better O'Caml programmer than with
keeping my pride :)

Jeremy

(PS: Sorry about the AOL links, but that's the ISP my family uses, and since
I'm "en vacances" for the summer, it's what I'm stuck with :))

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-07-02  6:52 UTC | newest]