Hello, I'm teaching (basic) functional programming and (simple) compilation in ocaml (to master students). Currently, I ask the system administrators to install a basic ocaml package. I'm thinking on switching to opam to make it easier for students to experiment various libraries. Does anyone has used opam for labs with student? I would be glad to hear any report on this mainly on the following points: - Is opam really usable when you keep changing of machine? - Having a .opam for all student accounts seem interesting so that they can freely experiment without interfering with others but has the cost of duplicating lot of common files. Any thoughts? - What is the usual size of an .opam directory? Mine is 1G but I don't know if it's usual. - What kind of ocaml libs do you introduce to the students? I was thinking of utop, ounit, core / batteries, menhir. Thanks in advance Fabien Fabien DAGNAT Maître de conférences au département informatique Responsable de la filière Systèmes Logiciels et Réseaux Tél. : (0 | 33) 2 29 00 14 09 Technopôle Brest-Iroise, CS 83818 29238 Brest Cedex 3, France Une école de l'Institut Mines-Télécom