* cmake
@ 2009-12-02 10:08 Keyan
From: Keyan @ 2009-12-02 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-list

hi,

i am currently getting into caml again, and would like to integrate it with my c++ project.

the project i am working on, is completly build with cmake. i tried to search the internet to find ready cmake-scripts or tutorials how to integrate cmake into an exisisting cmake-project, but could not find anything. my question thereore is, how is it done best?

what i want to do is the following:
in addition to the main-project build, i want to build my own code-analysis tools.

make -> build main project + all ocaml-tools
make ocaml-tool-1 -> build only cmake-tool-1
etc.

does anyone have any experience with that?

regards,
keyan

* Re: [Caml-list] cmake
@ 2009-12-02 16:29 ` Hezekiah M. Carty
From: Hezekiah M. Carty @ 2009-12-02 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keyan; +Cc: Caml-list

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Keyan <ml@pulsschlag.net> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am currently getting into caml again, and would like to integrate it with my c++ project.
>
> the project i am working on, is completly build with cmake. i tried to search the internet to find ready cmake-scripts or tutorials how to integrate cmake into an exisisting cmake-project, but could not find anything. my question thereore is, how is it done best?
>
> what i want to do is the following:
> in addition to the main-project build, i want to build my own code-analysis tools.
>
> make -> build main project + all ocaml-tools
> make ocaml-tool-1 -> build only cmake-tool-1
> etc.
>
> does anyone have any experience with that?

The PLplot project (http://plplot.sf.net/) uses CMake for its build
system, including bindings for OCaml.  The most relevant files for the
OCaml portion are:

http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/cmake/modules/ocaml.cmake?revision=10526&view=markup
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/bindings/ocaml/CMakeLists.txt?revision=10527&view=markup
http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/bindings/ocaml/plcairo/CMakeLists.txt?revision=10528&view=markup

The first file (ocaml.cmake) performs detects the presence of the
OCaml compiler(s), camlidl and a few libraries.  The two
CMakeLists.txt files define the actual compilation steps for two
separate components of the OCaml bindings (camlidl + C + OCaml).

CMake does not have formal OCaml support, so all of the compilation
commands, outputs and dependencies are specified by hand.

Hope this helps.

Hez

--
Hezekiah M. Carty
Graduate Research Assistant

* Re: [Caml-list] cmake
@ 2009-12-02 19:15   ` Keyan
From: Keyan @ 2009-12-02 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hezekiah M. Carty; +Cc: Caml-list

hi,

i just had a look. these files are pretty large. it will take me a while to fully understand them. thanks for the links.

regards,
keyan