* [Caml-list] C.A.M.?
@ 2002-10-11  2:38 enrique_vetere
From: enrique_vetere @ 2002-10-11  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm trying to find (for download?) the paper

G. Cousineau, P.-L. Curien, and M. Mauny. The categorical abstract machine

Alternatively (or additionally) any downloable reading about CAMs would be
very helpfull (I've been reading some CT, and I'm trying to learn about
its computer science applications).

I understand that CAML was originally based on a CAM, but this is no
longer so... I'd appreciate any comments/references of the reasons it was
abandoned.

Thank you

Enrique Vetere

* Re: [Caml-list] C.A.M.?
@ 2002-10-11  7:08 ` Florian Hars
From: Florian Hars @ 2002-10-11  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: enrique_vetere; +Cc: caml-list

enrique_vetere@ciudad.com.ar wrote:
> I'm trying to find (for download?) the paper
> G. Cousineau, P.-L. Curien, and M. Mauny. The categorical abstract machine

A mailing list is not a search engine.
The canonical resource to answer questions like this is Citesser
(http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/), which, incidentally, is also responsible for the
first few links google gives you if you search for "catagorical abstract
machine". The CAM seems to be too old for online documents, but starting there:

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/cs?cs=1&q=categorical+abstract+machine&submit=Citations

you might find some interresting papers citing the paper (follow the "Context")
links.

Sometimes it is useful to paste some of the titles of papers that are not in
the citeseer index into google, to find things like

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~exr/papers.html

This should keep you busy over the weekend.

Yours, Florian.