* Re: [Caml-list] Unix module: wish list
@ 2001-11-21  6:47 Ohad Rodeh
From: Ohad Rodeh @ 2001-11-21  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Martin; +Cc: caml-list

Martin,
   Ensemble contains these options, and I'm porting the stuff to Winsock2
as the moment.
You can just copy the stuff over and use it,

     Ohad.

Charles Martin <joelisp@yahoo.com>@pauillac.inria.fr on 20/11/2001 19:58:05

Please respond to Charles Martin <joelisp@yahoo.com>

Sent by:  owner-caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr

To:   caml-list@inria.fr
cc:
Subject:  [Caml-list] Unix module: wish list

Two items on my wish list for the Unix module:

(1) Adding socket options at the IPPROTO_IP level.  I'm only interested in
one:
IP_TTL (time-to-live).  This is supported under BSD sockets and Winsock2.
Here's the Winsock2 reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winsock/wsanxref_58fm.asp

(2) Adding set_nonblock() and clear_nonblock() options for sockets under
Windows.  These are no-ops in the current win32unix library, but
nonblocking
mode is supported under Winsock2:

    ioctlsocket( sock, FIONBIO, temp );

Thanks for listening,