* Re: Re[6]: [Caml-list] OcamlSpread 0.0.1 released
@ 2002-09-18 20:49 Ohad Rodeh
From: Ohad Rodeh @ 2002-09-18 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yurii A. Rashkovskii; +Cc: caml-list

Ok,
  Sounds like it would be better to take this off the caml-list, it is
becoming
Ensemble specific. Why don't you send me the exact weakness that you think
may be harmful to your project, and I'll try to answer.

      Ohad.

Ohad Rodeh
tel: +972-3-6401641
IBM Haifa, storage research

                      "Yurii A.
                      Rashkovskii"             To:       Ohad Rodeh/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
                      <yrashk@openeas.o        cc:       caml-list@inria.fr
                      rg>                      Subject:  Re[6]: [Caml-list] OcamlSpread 0.0.1 released

                      18/09/2002 10:59
                      Please respond to
                      "Yurii A.
                      Rashkovskii"

Hello Ohad,

OR> For Ensemble, or that I need is the symmetric encryption and
OR> Diffie-Hellman. It is possible
OR> that OpenSSL has a faster implementation of Diffie-Hellman, but as long
as
OR> the difference
OR> is not too great, I'd rather use an OCaml library.

The question is not a speed, but strength of the algorithms. I think
that Ensemble *should* have storng algorithms for security or
pluggable interface to switch in OpenSSL, cryptokit or whatsoever.

I'm developing an enterprise-level application in OCaml using Ensemble
and security is a thing that should be quite strong :)

--
Best regards,
 Yurii                            mailto:yrashk@openeas.org

* Re: [Caml-list] OcamlSpread 0.0.1 released
@ 2002-09-18 22:44 ` Blair Zajac
From: Blair Zajac @ 2002-09-18 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ohad Rodeh; +Cc: Yurii A. Rashkovskii, caml-list

Hi,

I would be interested in hearing this discussion, so if it's
taken off list, then please cc me.

Thanks,
Blair

--