From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@indiegamedesign.com>
To: "caml" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: RE: [Caml-list] Who controls INRIA mailserv filters?
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:29:11 -0700	[thread overview]

Diego Olivier wrote:

> My advice : make you posts more technical.

What's getting filtered are announces of ML S*attle, which is legitimate
traffic.  That means it contains some secret problem word I don't know
about.  Once I started using my anti-bayesian signature, all my other
posts have been getting through just fine.

Also do you really believe this bayesian filter retrains if I exercise
"good behavior?"  I don't; I think it's dumb as bricks.  In any event I
don't care about your personal tastes as to what constitutes "good
behavior."  When I look back over my posts, I see sufficient technical
content.  You may not like business or organizational issues, or the
kinds of theatrics they can precipitate, but that's the growing pains of
any language.  You show me a serious caml-biz list, and I will take the
traffic there.  Until then, you're stuck with me here.

The point of a bayesian filter is to eliminate naykid laydees and
whatnot, not censor as a pseudo-moderator.  I hope nobody ever arrives
at the world view that this postblocking nonsense I'm experiencing is a
legitimate judgement of content.  That would be a sad day for diversity
of opinion, or frankly, for human intelligence.  And with that, I recite
the liturgy:

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com
Brand*n Van Every               S*attle, WA

Praise Be to the caml-list Bayesian filter! It blesseth
my postings, it is evil crap!  evil crap!  Bigarray!
Unboxed overhead group!  Wondering!  chant chant chant...