From: Brian Rogoff <bpr@best.com>
To: Jacques Garrigue <Jacques.Garrigue@inria.fr>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: How do I ..
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:16:43 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Jacques Garrigue wrote:
> From: Brian Rogoff <bpr@best.com>
> >
> > I hope this modern/classic mode distinction is just a temporary thing.
>
> As to the existence of two modes, I expect it to stay around for a bit
> longer.
>
> Clearly, there are supporters for both styles. Those who may like to
> put some labels in their interfaces, but do not want to have to put
> labels in every line of code, and those who value the extra expressive
> power of doing so.

I understand that people will have different preferences, but supporting
two syntaxes has severe disadvantages. As an interim approach it is OK but
it will be harder for beginners and may split the users development
efforts. I understand the arguments for both styles, so I haven't yet
decided what I'll do. Since I'm pretty tolerant of verbosity (Ada user:-)
I'll probably try to exclusively use the modern mode.

-- Brian