* [Caml-list] Sys.sigint is blocked with cygwin threads
@ 2004-10-07 15:17 mattwb
From: mattwb @ 2004-10-07 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Is there a good reason that Sys.sigint is blocked when I compile a native
application under Cygwin using threads?  Is O'Caml doing the blocking or
 Cygwin?  I would like to develop a service using cygrunsrv to run  it, but that
 requires my application to take a signal when killed.  Is it safe to unblock any
 signals when using threads under Cygwin?  If so, which one's.

* Re: [Caml-list] Sys.sigint is blocked with cygwin threads
@ 2004-10-07 16:17 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2004-10-07 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mattwb; +Cc: caml-list

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, mattwb wrote:

> Is there a good reason that Sys.sigint is blocked when I compile a
> native application under Cygwin using threads?  Is O'Caml doing the
> blocking or Cygwin?  I would like to develop a service using cygrunsrv
> to run it, but that requires my application to take a signal when
> killed.  Is it safe to unblock any signals when using threads under
> Cygwin?  If so, which one's.

I would say that you may unblock any signals you want.  There's nothing
inherent in Cygwin that prevents signal delivery, so it's probably O'Caml.
Are you using the O'Caml version that comes with Cygwin, or a self-built
one?

In any case, if you have a small example that demonstrates the problem,
please send it to me either on-list or privately -- I'd like to
investigate.

Igor Pechtchanski, volunteer O'Caml maintainer for Cygwin