* Re: [Caml-list] [Fwd: The language name.]
@ 2001-06-15 17:42 ` Brian Rogoff
From: Brian Rogoff @ 2001-06-15 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CHARDON Bertrand; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, CHARDON Bertrand wrote:
> I sorta agree with Tore Lund opinion about the name of the language
> (though i think that all he'll get callin it Camel is being sued and
> asked for billions of $$$$ by a great amercian tobacco firm :-)) )

Actually, I bet that firm is dying (cough, cough) for any kind of positive
advertisement, so I doubt they'd sue. More likely the humorless do-gooders
will lynch you here in the USA if you try to use the Joe Camel logo. I
like it a lot myself, even though I don't smoke.

Anyways, IMO the name is fine, the logo is good, the language is great, I
must be dumb because most of the libraries seem to work great for me, etc,
ad infinitum, ad nauseum. I'd rather fight than switch. Oops, wrong
brand...

-- Brian

* Re: [Caml-list] [Fwd: The language name.]
@ 2001-06-15 22:08 ` leary
From: leary @ 2001-06-15 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CHARDON Bertrand; +Cc: caml

MLaria, catch the fever! (sorry)

* [Caml-list] [Fwd: The language name.]
@ 2001-06-15 22:35 CHARDON Bertrand
From: CHARDON Bertrand @ 2001-06-15 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I sorta agree with Tore Lund opinion about the name of the language
(though i think that all he'll get callin it Camel is being sued and
asked for billions of $$$$ by a great amercian tobacco firm :-)) )

Indeed i'll try to bring the newbie point of view :
Ocaml is funny, the logo is tremendously attractive but...all that is
kinda complicated, and I think that it is not the better name to make it
spread all over the world.

I mean, people get lazier and lazier each day  (hissin things like
"Java,C++,PHP"  between two beers like good sofa potatoes.. :-) )
so they need a short ad-ictive funny name...I personnally think  you
should organize a great contest for the best play on words with ML in it
(like RiML, puML, and many more goodies).

* Re: [Caml-list] [Fwd: The language name.]
@ 2001-06-15 23:02   ` Mark Wotton
From: Mark Wotton @ 2001-06-15 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 leary@nwlink.com wrote: