* [Caml-list] one more thing
@ 2001-12-28  6:43 Will Benton
From: Will Benton @ 2001-12-28  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Is there some way to get ocamlyacc to include some code in the parser.mli
file it generates?  I'm having ocamlyacc generate objects whose type
constructors are defined in another module, and I have "open Module" in
the .mly file -- but, since it isn't included in the .mli file, the .mli
file won't compile.  (Or is my environment screwed-up?)

I apologize for my lack of caml-literacy.

thanks,
wb

---
Will Benton      | "Nicht wie die Welt ist, ist das Mystische,
willb@acm.org    |  sondern daß sie ist." --L. Wittgenstein

* Re: [Caml-list] one more thing
@ 2001-12-29 21:15 ` Florian Hars
From: Florian Hars @ 2001-12-29 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Will Benton; +Cc: caml-list

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 12:43:41AM -0600, Will Benton wrote:
> Is there some way to get ocamlyacc to include some code in the parser.mli
> file it generates?  I'm having ocamlyacc generate objects whose type
> constructors are defined in another module, and I have "open Module" in
> the .mly file -- but, since it isn't included in the .mli file, the .mli
> file won't compile.  (Or is my environment screwed-up?)

The last time  somehing like this was discussed (
http://caml.inria.fr/archives/200110/msg00209.html
) the recommended solution was to put all definitions in a separate
module and use fully qualified names in the mly, so they end up
fully qualified in the mli, so don't say "open Module", but
"Module.some_function x". It is preferrable for reasons of
maintainability, anyway.

Yours, Florian Hars.