* [Caml-list] Yet Another Compilation Question: lablgtk for windows + cygwin-mingw
@ 2002-08-05 13:49 Kontra, Gergely
From: Kontra, Gergely @ 2002-08-05 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi!

I'm keep trying compiling ocaml to be able to produce optimized code.
When I try to configure lablgtk, it complains about not to find
gtk-config. I know there is such an executable under linux, but I
couldn't find this for the cygwin environment.

While reading the manual, I realized, that I cannot exactly know what is
the difference between cygwin and mingw, because the mingw compilation
needs cygwin. My idea is to provide fallbacks for some utility, which
doesn't exists for mingw. And I don't understand why cygwin compiled
code is faster, because such tiny utilities like grep, sed, awk runs
_VERY_ slowly on my Duron.

The distributed binary ocaml version is for MSVC, am I right? Can I hack
this version to use my mingw-gcc compiler?

Gergo

+-[Kontra, Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
|         Email: kgergely@mcl.hu,  kgergely@turul.eet.bme.hu          |
+-------"Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy poroltoval kellene jarnom!"-------+