* Re: [Caml-list]  lazyness, exceptions?, ocaml syntax rule-of-thumbs
       [not found] <200209261651.g8QGp5i13403@waco.inria.fr>
@ 2002-09-27  7:50 ` Kontra, Gergely
From: Kontra, Gergely @ 2002-09-27  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno.Verlyck; +Cc: caml-list

>   I cannot find a function, which checks, whether a string can match
>   a regexp, and return true or false. Search_forward, again, I think
>   should be return an option, and not trowing an exception.
>Have a look at pcre
>(http://www.ai.univie.ac.at/~markus/home/ocaml_sources.html)

Well, Str has almost, what I need, actually I can write the match
function, but I hoped there is a function, which returns a boolean to
indicate, whether a string contains a regexp...
Well the str library is not so intuitive... perhaps I should download
pcre.

>   But the thing most of the time I was spending with was the actual
>   ocaml syntax.  I cannot feel the precedences, where to put ;-s and
>   ;;-s.
>If you're annoyed by the not-enough-parenthesized syntax of OCaml, you
>could try the revised syntax (see camlp4).  There are pretty-printers
>that can convert from one syntax in the other.
Wow, so I can even write my own syntax!
Has anybody an SML syntax description? Well, I must dive into a correct
syntax description.

>Nothing about the algorithm; i/o is imperative, but i/o is
>imperative, isn't it ?  Perhaps Str.last_chars will raise an exception
>if what is less than 5 chars long ?

I guess trouble. That's why I was looking for a RE solution...

+-[Kontra, Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
|         Email: kgergely@mcl.hu,  kgergely@turul.eet.bme.hu          |
+-------"Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy poroltoval kellene jarnom!"-------+
.
Magyar php mirror es magyar php dokumentacio: http://hu.php.net

* Re: [Caml-list]  ocaml syntax rule-of-thumbs
@ 2002-09-27 10:10   ` Daniel de Rauglaudre
From: Daniel de Rauglaudre @ 2002-09-27 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 09:50:16AM +0200, Kontra, Gergely wrote:

> Wow, so I can even write my own syntax!
> Has anybody an SML syntax description? Well, I must dive into a correct
> syntax description.

There is an SML syntax provided by Camlp4, it is incomplete, but I
managed to translate a rather big program from SML to OCaml with it.

You can take the source of that syntax pa_sml.ml and make your changes
to create your own syntax, but I am afraid that its code is very bad
written, because by mistake I took some version of the SML-NJ grammar
of some years ago which were very unreadable. I should rewrite pa_sml.ml
one day...

Another solution is to take the "normal" syntax pa_o.ml or the "revised"
syntax pa_r.ml as start. I have been working these days on a "Scheme"
syntax, pa_scheme.ml (written in Scheme syntax and bootstrapped by
a revised syntax version pa_schemer.ml).

Or you can start from scratch, if you are courageous...

--
Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE
daniel.de_rauglaudre@inria.fr