* [Caml-list] ocaml on ultra sparc
@ 2001-04-20 18:34 David Gurr
From: David Gurr @ 2001-04-20 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list; +Cc: gurr

 You can configure ocaml (at least the bytecode interpreter) to run
 in 64 bit mode on ultra sparcs by using the following config:

 ./configure -cc "cc -xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9"

 Does anyone know how to do the same for gcc, or know where
 the gnu folks have hidden this info?  -D

* Re: [Caml-list] ocaml on ultra sparc
@ 2001-04-21  7:24 ` Vitaly Lugovsky
From: Vitaly Lugovsky @ 2001-04-21  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Gurr; +Cc: caml-list, gurr

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, David Gurr wrote:

>  You can configure ocaml (at least the bytecode interpreter) to run
>  in 64 bit mode on ultra sparcs by using the following config:
>
>  ./configure -cc "cc -xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9"
>
>  Does anyone know how to do the same for gcc, or know where
>  the gnu folks have hidden this info?  -D

 AFAIR, it was something like "-mcpu=ultrasparc -Wa,-Av9a -Wa,-64".
I don't have right now access to ultrasparc with GCC, so, it
may be incorrect. Try reading info gcc and info as.

 And, if you're using linux on sparc64, you'll be unable to run 64 bit
applications in user-space. It will work only for *BSD and Solaris.