* [Caml-list] Ouch - when bytecode and native behave differently
@ 2002-10-02 14:55 david.fox
From: david.fox @ 2002-10-02 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I just encountered a situation where the bytecode and native versions
of a program behave differently.  It turns out that out of bounds
array accesses return a different message:

  Invalid_argument "Array.get"

vs.

  Invalid_argument "out-of-bound array or string access"

I was catching the former but not the latter.  I don't know if I'm
making a mistake by paying attention to the message or if this is a
problem or issue in the standard libs, but I thought I'd point it out.
Thanks,

-david

* Re: [Caml-list] Ouch - when bytecode and native behave differently
@ 2002-10-03  8:11 ` Henri Dubois-Ferriere
From: Henri Dubois-Ferriere @ 2002-10-03  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david.fox; +Cc: caml-list

This is filed as bug 1347 in the ocaml 'bugzilla'

Another similar bug is that in bytecode, a divide-by-zero is reported as
"Fatal error: exception Division_by_zero", whereas in native you get
"Floating point exception".

Henri