* [Caml-list] RPM & Debian packaging of Ocaml software
@ 2002-12-07 10:40 Basile STARYNKEVITCH
From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH @ 2002-12-07 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear All,

I am developping an opensource piece of software in Ocaml (it is the
monitor of POESIA - see www.poesia-filter.org for details). my code
needs ocamlfind, netstring, camlp4, pxp

I am not extremely familiar (but did read a few documents on) Debian &
RPM packaging.

So I am seeking for examples of Debian & RPM packaging of Ocaml code
which depends on stuff like netstring, pxp, etc...

Any examples are welcome!

regards

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net
alias: basile<at>tunes<dot>org

* Re: [Caml-list] RPM & Debian packaging of Ocaml software
@ 2002-12-07 11:52 ` Stefano Zacchiroli
From: Stefano Zacchiroli @ 2002-12-07 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 11:40:24AM +0100, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
> So I am seeking for examples of Debian & RPM packaging of Ocaml code
> which depends on stuff like netstring, pxp, etc...

Regarding debian packaging you can look at the following packages, which
are written in ocaml and distributed as debian packages:

- advi
- cameleon
- fort
- ledit
- unison

If you are also looking for debian packaging of ocaml libraries you can
find a lot of packages, look for packages which are named using the
pattern lib*-ocaml and/or lib*-ocaml-dev.

Anyway I think that debian specific questions are a bit OT on this list
so for more info on this please ask on
debian-ocaml-maint@lists.debian.org mailing lists (archives available at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/).

Hope this helps,
Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  -  undergraduate student of CS @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
   zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro

* Re: [Caml-list] RPM & Debian packaging of Ocaml software
@ 2002-12-07 13:58   ` Sven Luther
From: Sven Luther @ 2002-12-07 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 12:52:44PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 11:40:24AM +0100, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
> > So I am seeking for examples of Debian & RPM packaging of Ocaml code
> > which depends on stuff like netstring, pxp, etc...
>
> Regarding debian packaging you can look at the following packages, which
> are written in ocaml and distributed as debian packages:
>
> - advi
> - cameleon
> - fort
> - ledit
> - unison
>
> If you are also looking for debian packaging of ocaml libraries you can
> find a lot of packages, look for packages which are named using the
> pattern lib*-ocaml and/or lib*-ocaml-dev.
>
> Anyway I think that debian specific questions are a bit OT on this list
> so for more info on this please ask on
> debian-ocaml-maint@lists.debian.org mailing lists (archives available at
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/).

Not to forget the ocaml_packaging_policy document which you would find
in /usr/share/doc/ocaml/ocaml_packaging_policy.gz on a debian box with
ocaml installed.

It contains rules and recomendation on how to do a good debian package
of ocaml stuff.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

* Re: [Caml-list] RPM & Debian packaging of Ocaml software
@ 2002-12-08 16:55 ` Vitaly Lugovsky
From: Vitaly Lugovsky @ 2002-12-08 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basile STARYNKEVITCH; +Cc: caml-list

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

> I am developping an opensource piece of software in Ocaml (it is the
> monitor of POESIA - see www.poesia-filter.org for details). my code
> needs ocamlfind, netstring, camlp4, pxp
>
> I am not extremely familiar (but did read a few documents on) Debian &
> RPM packaging.
>
> So I am seeking for examples of Debian & RPM packaging of Ocaml code
> which depends on stuff like netstring, pxp, etc...
>
> Any examples are welcome!

 You can take a look at ocamlfind-based packaging of OCaml stuff that I
have done for ALT Linux distribution (AFAIR, it's awailable from the
rpmfind now).